Here you will find tips and tools for being a green consumer or active community member. Please feel free to leave suggestions and don't forget to share the knowledge with your family, colleagues and neighbors. Together we are unstoppable.
County of Sacramento Climate Emergency Declaration
City of Sacramento Declaration of a Climate Emergency and Idenfification of the City's Mobilization Efforts
- Science Under Attack - BBC documentary. 60 min. Nobel Prize winning geneticist Sir Paul Nurse investigates the erosion of the public's trust in science from the origins of climate denial to GM food safety to whether HIV causes AIDS.
- Regreening the Desert: (Hope in a Changing Climate) - VPRO 48 min. Inspiring documentary from ecologist and film-maker John D. Liu. Join Liu as he partners with Australian permaculturist Geoff Lawton to turn a dry wasteland to a beautiful green oasis in the heart of Jordan. Liu has traveled the globe to inspire policy-makers and farmers alike that a greener world is possible.
- Merchants of Doubt - Sony Classics. 96 min. Historians Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway roll back the rug on a dark corner of the American scientific community, showing how the ideology of free market fundamentalism, aided by a too-compliant media, has skewed public understanding of some of the most pressing issues of our era.
This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate - 89 min. Based on the book by Naomi Klein, the film takes a look at seven communities around the world with the proposition that we can seize the crisis of climate change to transform our failed economic system into something radically better.
- Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Movement in the World Came into Being and Why No One Saw It Coming (2007). By Paul Hawken. New York Times Bestseller.
- The Zero-Marginal Cost Society: The Internet of Things, the Collaborative Commons and the Eclipse of Capitalism (2015). By Jeremy Rifkin. New York Times Bestelling author.
- America the Possible: Manifesto For A New Economy (2005). By James Gustave Speth.
- Change Everything: Creating an Economy for the Common Good (2012). By Christian Felber.
- The End of Growth: Adapting to our New Economic Reality (2011). By Richard Heinberg
Have a recommendation? We want to know!